The Christmas lights are being switched on in Norwich tonight, with Norfolk boy and TV presenter Jake Humphrey doing the honours and lots of performances, a lantern parade and fireworks at 7pm. Even if you’re not going it’s worth knowing about as the city is going to get pretty busy from rush hour and getting around and parking are likely to be more difficult than normal.
If you can’t go to the Norwich event tonight there are several switch-on events happening in towns across Norfolk over the next few weeks, so wherever you live you can get into the Christmas spirit. Here’s some of the ones we know about, if you know of more please leave a comment below.
- Gorleston Festive Fireworks Spectacular, Sunday, 24 November, all-day event from 11am – 7pm with Christmas lights switch on at 5pm.
- Great Yarmouth Christmas Lights Switch On, Wednesday, 27 November, 6pm.
- King’s Lynn Christmas Lights Switch On, Thursday, 28 November, 5pm.
- Thetford Christmas Lights Switch On, Friday, 29 November, activities from 3-9pm with switch-on at 6pm.
- Diss Christmas Lights Switch On, Saturday, 30 November, 7pm.
- Cromer Christmas Lights Switch On, Saturday, 7 December, 4.30pm.